In addition to notifying your local law enforcement authority of the theft of instruments of the violin family and bows, you may want to consider also notifying others of your loss.
A few suggestions are listed below, but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- FBI—National Stolen Art File (NSAF)
- Interpol—Stolen Works of Art
- Cozio/Tarisio Stolen Instrument Register
- Maestronet’s Searchable Online Listing of Stolen Instruments
- Lost Art Internet Database
- Violin Society of America
- The Strad Magazine
- Strings Magazine
- The Art Loss Register
- Art Recovery International
You may also contact auction houses, some listed here: